Date(s) - 26 Apr 2018 - 27 Apr 2018
Organised and hosted by the Asian Disaster Preparedness Center (ADPC), this workshop took place in Bangkok, Thailand, bringing together representatives from organisations that submitted top-scoring case studies on sustainable CBDRM in Asia. The purpose of this workshop was to identify the factors that contribute to sustainable and institutionalised CBDRM and had 5 main objectives:
- Identify critical success factors of sustainable CBDRM
- Identify critical barriers that hinder sustainable CBDRM
- Identify critical success factors of institutionalised CBDRM
- Identify critical barriers that hinder institutionalised CBDRM
- Identify the intricate linkages between sustainability and institutionalisation
Over the course of the workshop, participants discussed the most important success factors and barriers for each characteristic of sustainability: permanence, effectivenss, ownership, adaptiveness and inclusion. They also discussed the success factors and barriers for institutionalisation, with characteristics including: policy environment, structures & mechanisms, capacities, culture, funding and accountability.